Another Friday and new challenges. The last couple of nights I have been installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview and getting my development environment up and running again.
Last night I eventually got everything up and running. So I got stuck in to melting the separate projects into one solution.
- Windows Phone project
- WCF Service to get live scores
- ScheduledTaskAgent for future automatic refresh
When I was done with this, just for kicks I tried to push a new installation of Umbraco 5 to my hosting company, which went well. No configuration issues at all. I tried to web deploy to a sub domain, but it didn’t quite go the way I was hoping. So it ended up on top of my WCF Service and broke it. This is why there were some crashes last night when trying to get next match information. At around the same time my hosting company decided to do some maintenance and I was offline for about half an hour and couldn’t upload a new version of the service. Eventually I got it up and running again, but I learnt a good lesson.
- Better error handling!
- Better separation of projects in hosting!
So after those bumps on the road, I was ready for bed, but I just had to check my email. A new mail from Microsoft. Unfortunately my latest update, which adds La Liga was not certified due to Back Button issues again! Which I really don’t understand. Time to contact support, which will unfortunately postpone the next update, but when it comes it will just be that much bigger and better.