Here we are again. Another Friday and another week of development and improvements.
I got sidetracked from converting the whole RSS feed from the app to my new ASP.NET Web API until I was absolutely sure it was running as it should. So I threw myself over a few minor fixes:
- I unstretched the La Liga icon
- Colour coding for matches: Yellow for finished, Green for all others
- Shortened some of the team names so they fit on the screen
- Got Google to help me translate the app to Swedish (still dreaming about Chinese)
- Pin to start for the separate Leagues to give you quick access to your favourite league
- Added some Google Analytics so I can see what is most used
Next in line for the coming weeks will be finishing the move of RSS feed code to the Web API and auto-refresh of matches. Two half-done bits that I left when I could see they would take more time than I had at the moment. Maybe adding another league… Bundesliga anybody?
I managed to get these fixes packaged into a small update (1.5) and shipped off to the App Hub and so far it is “Signed and encrypted”, not expecting it to be certified before next week some time.
As always you can grab the current version of LiveFootie here: