It’s been my long awaited Easter holiday. So not much going on.
I did spend a bit of time drafting design ideas for the website, which is running Umbraco 5: apps47.com
I did manage to get going on my 3rd app, which is a kids animal sounds game. I know there are a few out there I just fancied trying one firstly for my 2 year old daughter (3rd birthday tomorrow), then I added a few more animals than the other apps and lastly I wanted to give ads a go. Then as it was pretty decent I thought I would spice it up with some Telerik goodiness: tooltips are nice and easy to implement.
Unfortunately in the middle if the week my Visual Studio 2010 project refused to open and I was unable to get it working.
Trial & Error:
After trying to uninstall Resharper without it helping, restarting Windows a few times and Visual Studio. I have a Windows paranoia about stuff suddenly starting to work. The last resort was going to be restarting a whole new project with the files. (An idea that I got from a colleague that did the same to fix a problem for me at work)
The solution was so simple. I deleting the .suo file and removing Resharper folders and hey presto, I had a running project again. In 5 minutes I had my first Telerik tooltip on an alligator!
So if everything goes well I will have app number 3 on the marketplace pretty soon. Initially only in English, but more languages to come.